
These aren't very good pictures but as we were driving home from the institute after Thanksgiving dinner I asked Andrew to drive downtown because they were supposed to be turning on all the lights covering blocks of trees. So he agreed and regretted it as soon as he did because we got stuck in traffic. It took us a half an hour to go a few blocks because everyone was coming to see the "turning on of the lights". After being at a stand still I asked a police officer what time the lights come on. He said 6:12... I know that's what I thought, RANDOM! Anyhow.. it was 6:03. I was worried that by the time they turned on the lights we would have rounded the corner and missed the whole thing. But nope... because of the awesome slow traffic we were able to watch them turn on the millions of twinkle lights, listen to some Christmas music, watch a bunch of horse drawn carriages all the the comforts of our car. Andrew then admitted it wasn't THAT bad having to wait in the traffic.




3 comments:
Holy crap, why do you always do this? You don't update anything for weeks and then slam us with 10 posts all at once! However, I did read all of them just barely, and it sounds like lots of fun. Some of the cool things you do make me want to live in a city just so I can go to all the cool places. I'm glad you guys get to do that kind of stuff. I think it's funny that Andrew wanted to be a "cool dad." Cute. And Colby calls it "black cake," too, although it took me awhile to figure out what he meant for sure.
I LOVE the lights downtown They are everywhere!! Only, we didn't go that night, probably because we didn't move there until the week after Thanksgiving! I guess all we missed was the crowd!
wow that is fun to see. Remember when we would sit on the electric box at grandma's and wait for the lights to come on at BANK OF AMERICA. Everytime we'd give up to go inside for a minute we'd come back out and they'd be on! Dang-it!!
LOL LOL LOL
Post a Comment