Monday, November 17, 2008

Tanner's "Batman" Birthday Party

The picture's are in the wrong order, but here is his party.
His actual Birthday pictures will be up after his birthday!
The boys decorating their own ice cream cone cupcake. They all did a pretty good job too!

His presents
Opening the presents.
Every kid pretty much opened the present they brought and showed Tanner. He didn't seem to mind and they all had a fun time looking at the presents.
Throwing the "bat plane" into the "Bat Cave".
This actually turned out better than I had expected it to. They all probably would have been fine playing it the whole time! Definitely a HIT!

The Batman's.
Tanner is the one masked... I should have taken it off so you could see his face!
The invitation... this one is a little crooked...annoying!
Tanner personally delivered the invites to his friends wearing his Spiderman outfit with his Batman cape over it and Batman mask. He ran to each house so the cape would fly up in the wind. It was too cute.... unfortunately I did not have my camera to take a picture.
So on Saturday the 15th we had a birthday party for Tanner. And he wanted it to be "Batman" themed. I made a list of kids to invite and there was way to many. So I asked him who HE wanted to invite and he came up with six boys. So I went with his list instead since it was for him after all.
When they arrived each boy got their own Batman cape. We had them play a few games of "Throw Batman's plane into the Bat cave", "Shine the flashlight on the Batman symbol" after we spun them a few times and they closed their eyes (in the dark). It went okay. They decorated cupcakes, opened presents, played with some balloon's, and went home. Tanner had a blast with his buddies and I think they all has a pretty good time too!

12 comments:

The Lively's said...

Sounds like such a fun party! I bet he just loved it! Boys are so fun!

Judy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER!! Looks like a fun day - hope tomorrow is just as fun!

The Martin's said...

Such a fun party, I can't believe how time flies. It seems like you guys just called us to tell us you had Tanner and now your wonder woman and have 2 kids.

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

I can't believe how old Tanner is!! What a cute little family. I found your blog through Nicole and just thought I'd say hi. Maybe I'll see ya for Christmas?!?

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for inviting Jantsen. He came home and said "That Party was SO much fun!" He loved it. Happy Birthday tanner!!

Spendloves said...

Happy Birthday, Tanner! Your party looked awesome!

Camille said...

cute party! I thought amber was being creative, but I guess she just stole all the ideas from you! LOL
I bought colby that same batman mask to go with him present. But I know that noah thinks its for him to wear. That is hilarious about Tanner deliverying (sp) what the...
the invites himself all dressed up!
BTW- where'd ya get the chair in the basement?

Jason and Tawni said...

That is too cute! I love the Batman Theme, it looks like it was a rockin party! Hopefully Stella's "Princess Party" ends up being that fun! Happy Birthday Tanner!

Nicole said...

How cute, it looks like the party was a hit. I can't believe he's 3 times goes so fast.

janabigelow said...

Thanks for inviting my boys! They had fun! Hunter wanted to wear his cape everywhere and told everyone where he got it!

The Evers Family said...

This was too cute! Your games were so cute and I can't believe you got them all capes. I may have to steal some of your ideas, since I know I will be doing some sort of superhero themed party in 6 months.

Shauna said...

This was the best idea! Ben is still wearing his cape around:)