Thursday, June 4, 2009

Walked to the zoo

I've walked to the zoo a few times with the kids. Andrew said he'd go to the zoo with us on his day off so I thought it'd be nice to walk. He didn't think so, but I loaded the kids in the stroller anyway. After we got to the zoo and watched all the animals he forgot how much he didn't want to walk there and had fun with us. Until he had to walk home after all the walking at the zoo, then the walk home being up hill most of the way. Needless to say... he ended up being a good sport... after all the complaining. :)
Feeding the birds little bird seeds on a stick. It made Tanner nervous at first with them swooping all over because there was birds everywhere. Then he realized it was kind of fun and chased the birds around to feed them. Thanks to a little girl who gave us the stick.
"Are you peacocking?"

This crazy bird was trying to pop our tires.
Look at the belly on that thing.

2 comments:

Camille said...

that's quite a walk to the zoo! Good for you! I don't know that I'd want to walk that home either- up hill! Plus because you are walking everywhere there- that's like a gazillion miles round trip including the zoo.... uugh!

Judy said...

That makes me miss Omaha Soooo bad!! I LOVE that zoo!!