Tanner finding gold!
After the ceremony
The cathedral
Inside after the ceremony
"Fat guy in a little coat"
So last night Andrew told me that he had his "Receiving of the white coat ceremony" and I could come. Thanks for giving me the heads up huh?!
We went to it today and it was a very big deal. People's parents were there, others were giving and receiving flowers, and I was giving Tanner Starbursts to keep him quiet and happy.
It was in a big Catholic cathedral. At the front they had a cross with Jesus hanging in mid air making Tanner keep yelling out "Jesus... up dare, Jesus... up dare".
We went to it today and it was a very big deal. People's parents were there, others were giving and receiving flowers, and I was giving Tanner Starbursts to keep him quiet and happy.
It was in a big Catholic cathedral. At the front they had a cross with Jesus hanging in mid air making Tanner keep yelling out "Jesus... up dare, Jesus... up dare".
Kind of cute but not when they are in a middle of a speech and Tanner's voice is echoing off all the walls, but yet I couldn't help laughing.
The ceremony was set up like a graduation. The students line up and as their names are read they go up and shake the deans hand, get their picture taken, then are handed their coat where a professor puts it on them. I was trying to get a picture from behind a beam when I wondered why Andrew was taking a little longer than the other people when he walked out around the pillar and was, "Fat guy in a little coat". But in Andrew's case just in a little coat. It was so little the sleeves only went to his forearm's and it looked like it might split at the seam in the back if he was to bend down or flex.
Needless to say his face was bright red and chuckles were heard through the crowd. I tried again to snap a quick picture so he could hurry and sit down. But by having Andrew stop it let Tanner think that he wanted to go with him and started yelling for daddy.
By the end of the ceremony him and two other people realized they had been given the wrong coats not only by the size but by the names on them. Andrew was given a woman's coat, the woman had a mans that was about 250 lbs, and he had Andrew's... luckily he didn't try to flex or move in it.
Andrew's own coat looked much better on him and I got a couple of pictures! After the ceremony followed more class pictures then a luncheon and kickball. I finally got to meet some of Andrew's classmates that I have been hearing about and see who he spends his days with. It was a fun and exciting day so I thought I would share it with you!
The ceremony was set up like a graduation. The students line up and as their names are read they go up and shake the deans hand, get their picture taken, then are handed their coat where a professor puts it on them. I was trying to get a picture from behind a beam when I wondered why Andrew was taking a little longer than the other people when he walked out around the pillar and was, "Fat guy in a little coat". But in Andrew's case just in a little coat. It was so little the sleeves only went to his forearm's and it looked like it might split at the seam in the back if he was to bend down or flex.
Needless to say his face was bright red and chuckles were heard through the crowd. I tried again to snap a quick picture so he could hurry and sit down. But by having Andrew stop it let Tanner think that he wanted to go with him and started yelling for daddy.
By the end of the ceremony him and two other people realized they had been given the wrong coats not only by the size but by the names on them. Andrew was given a woman's coat, the woman had a mans that was about 250 lbs, and he had Andrew's... luckily he didn't try to flex or move in it.
Andrew's own coat looked much better on him and I got a couple of pictures! After the ceremony followed more class pictures then a luncheon and kickball. I finally got to meet some of Andrew's classmates that I have been hearing about and see who he spends his days with. It was a fun and exciting day so I thought I would share it with you!




4 comments:
nice pic of Tanner and his finger up his nose!! Hilarious! put that in your scrapbook (that you better be starting with all your time on your hands!)
You look like one proud wifie in that pic..... LOL
This story made me laugh so hard. And then I see the picture of Andrew in his real coat holding Tanner with his finger up his nose, like big deal. Were you laughing when Andrew came out in the small coat, or just confused? That's pretty cool that they have a big ceremony and everything.
That's my Tanner, noticing Jesus up there on the wall! I think that Jenny could make a fortune writing short stories about all the funny things that happen to you and your little family.
You all make me laugh! I miss not having you all here to laugh at, and with.
Love Mom
This story is way too funny! One to remember always! That looked like a really neat ceremony! Just out of curiosity, did Tanner find the gold he was looking for? hehe Too cute! There is nothing better than catching that classic "picking the nose" pose!
Post a Comment