Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day Tanner's cousins came and picked us up to go on a "sleigh ride". Everyone had a blast. Benson even came and we all tried to stay warm while singing carols around the town. Andrew was with my dad, and brother-in-law playing racquetball and missed the ride. But I think he had fun with them.
"Brrrrr"

Every year our home town has a Christmas Eve program which I LOVED as a kid. You have to sing as loud as you can so Santa will find the way to the church where we all are, then you here the thunder of hoof prints on the roof then Santa comes to visit. Great fun!!! Tanner is looking a little tired, it most have been a slow part in the program.
Andrew anticipating Santa's arrival.
Busting out the Macarana dance! (or however you spell it)
My parents exchange student Ase, me, niece Chelsey, and sister-in-laws Kodi and Judy.

Getting crazy!
Colby, grandpa, Tanner, and Jonathan

Is it bed time yet?

Singing loud for all to hear!
Bunch of the cousins in the crowd!

Tanner going through the bag of candy Santa gave him and wondering, "Why did Santa give me squirrel food?" (There was peanuts in the shells in the bag and he watches the Chip and Dayle Donald Duck cartoons). Andrew and I thought it was too funny!
Benson and aunt Amber
Last year we had the kids act out the nativity scene, but this year the night flew by and soon it was time for bed. My parents took the kids for a quick pop-up story of "The Night Before Christmas". Tanner loved it, Benson fell asleep, and Andrew and I relaxed with our arms free!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a really fun Christmas! You guys are always doing the funnest activities! I just love your kids!

Camille said...

cute pics of the night. I love benson passed out in the last one. Also Tanner looks so bored, tired and unamuzed in most every picture. So funny!

Amber Lee said...

I miss your kids! And that one picture makes me miss my hair, too!