Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grandma Martha's 97th Birthday bash!



Blowing out the candles... no there was not 97!
Grandma giving Tanner an orange after she told her wonderful orange story.
I can't compare to how she tells it, but for a short version so you know what I am talking about...
Her dad would buy a box of oranges every year at Christmas and give one to each of his children and also the the children around the small town. It was the only time the entire year they got to see an orange let alone get to enjoy the wonderful taste.
I love listening to her tell the story and every time I see an orange it makes me think of her.
And so now each year at Christmas she gives one to all her many grand and great grandchildren.
Grandma and Benson

3 comments:

Camille said...

yeah that's totally cute to do that each year. All the kids will always remember that...

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY grandma Martha.

Amber Lee said...

these are cute--Grandma Bleak is so adorable. I want some Christmas pics!