Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sesame Street and more

The upstairs in the Children's Museum will change themes every few months and this time it is Sesame Street- My Body. Walking in it looked just like we were on Sesame Street. I was probably more excited about it then Tanner. We have recently had Andrew come along to see it and he thought it was pretty cool too!

The little eyes/faces pop up in the flutes when you play too!
Tanner was so funny, there were no real characters out but he was determined to find where they were hiding. (You could hear their voices). He kept asking me if he could look behind the curtains to see if he could see Count Dracula.
Tanner served me, took my "fake" money, and mess around at this little diner for at least a half hour. He would have kept playing had I not persuaded him to see other cool toys.
You could hear Oscar the Grouch (sp?) banging around. Tanner wanted him to come out so he could see him. I told him to knock on the can and listen. He was nervous about that and told me to do it. He took a picture of me listening. :)


A carousel was going too, so I told Tanner he could ride it but wanted to see how Benson would like it. He liked it when it was still. Same with me, I hadn't been on one for a while... it made me want to throw up.
Tanner would shoot the "bad guys" riding up behind him.
Clinging on for dear life once it got started.
Going through the obstacle course
Go Benson GO

4 comments:

Thompson's said...

Looks like you all had fun at the museum. We just wanted to say thanks again for letting us stay with you. Did Andrew get a chance to go to a game? #27 who gave us all a ball is the catcher for Arkansas. He has been playing pretty well from the few games I have watched on TV.

-Erik

The Martin's said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!!!

Amber Lee said...

That would be so cool! I love Sesame Street. Tanner did a good job taking a picture of you! I love the pic of Benson clinging to the carousel.

Camille said...

that does look way cute! My kids would love it. I wish Leid Discovery Museum would kick it up a notch!

Benson still totally looks little Lorell Jr. But in some of those he totally looks like DOUG! Like the 3rd from the last of the pics....totally! even some like cliffy!