Have you heard of the marshmallow test? I don't know if I did the right time, and I think Benson is to young but I did it to both boys anyway. You set a marshmallow in front of them and say you can eat it now, or wait 5 minutes without eating it and I'll give you another so you'll have two. If they wait it means they will be more successful in life (or something along those lines). So I gave each boy a marshmallow and told them the rules. Benson surprised me and actually waited just over 2 minutes before devouring it. He would play with it then put it on the table and stare at it then pick it up before finally giving in. I think he did pretty good for a 2 year old. Tanner had no problem waiting and got a second marshmallow. Benson wasn't to happy when he didn't get his but saw Tanner getting one.It was fun to watch them. I was making dinner and acted like I wasn't paying any attention at what they were doing but occasionally peeking over my shoulder to see what they were doing. Tanner yelled upset, "Mom Benson just ate his!" as he glared at Benson when Benson decided to give in.




No comments:
Post a Comment