Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Carthage Jail


The window Joseph fell from
The origanal door with two bullet holes.


This Sunday before heading home we went to Carthage to see the jail. Having kids to keep my mind busy it was harder to think about everything. But looking back through the pictures and thinking about being there makes me contemplate all that the church has gone through and still does go through to get where it is today. The pioneers were forced move after move and suffered so much with many other trials and yet were still so strong and faithful.
I hope I can be like the people who have gone before me being strong and faithful and endure what hardships lie ahead having faith in God to get me through them. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints. I know it is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet who received revelations from God.
I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to visit the jail. It is a sacred place and the spirit is there.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so awesome you guys live so close to all the church history sites. Hopefully someday we will get to go see them all.

Amber Lee said...

I'm jealous that you guys got to see all those places and even attend the temple. I really want to do that with Jonathan someday, and now that I see how much there is for kids, maybe we'll take them along, too! :-)
I loved your testimony, too. You are as faithful as them.