Tuesday, December 29, 2009

SNOWED IN!

With about a foot of snow and then the wind blowing 30-40 mph we had huge snow drifts. Andrew shoveled for about an hour, then I did, then he did again. Almost THREE hours later both of our cars were finally dug out of the snow. The people just across the street from us could have probably drove out of the snow around their cars. Ours were ridiculous!!




Dad and Benson
Mom and Tanner


We were officially snowed in on Sunday. I think with the holidays no trucks were out plowing and since the Wednesday before Christmas lots of businesses or things have closed on and off. Christmas Eve masses were cancelled and on Sunday our church was even cancelled. I think it's probably the first time in my life that I have seen it cancelled. A few other people have said they've seen it happen before. I was kind of bummed since we have been stuck inside for a week today. I needed to get out of the house. But we decided to get dressed in our warm clothes and head out to play in the snow for a bit. I was fun playing with the family until our faces couldn't bare the cold anymore. Poor Benson was just shaking!

5 comments:

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

That is crazy how much snow there was and probably is.........missing friends but not that powdery white stuff! Hope you are all happy and well! come and see us soon!
xoxo me

Matthew Kelly said...

Ahhhh snow! I miss the warm Nevada winters don't you?! How are you doing? I loved all your pics! Dixon got the exact same santa jammies too! I wish we lived closer so our boys could play together! Miss ya! This is Calli, not Matt by the way...just signed in under Matt!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Ok....so the christmas sweater party was so funny......where did you get that sweet backdrop? and what a great idea.....why are you guys not relocating yet? Isn't that snow a SIGN to pack up and transfer....ok...really, stay as long as you can....then we can come back and pay off all of our loans together and then go buy that BIG HOUSE ON THE HILL together in CEDAR CITY! ok.....maybe not....but it looks like fun...we do miss the snow......just not living with it every day :) but we do miss you guys....
xoxo me

Judy said...

Ahhhh.....makes me miss the Midwest!! J/K!!!!! I'm freezing just looking at your pictures!! Although, Panaca has gotten it's fair share this year!

Shauna said...

That is insane!! We miss your family:)