Tuesday, June 22, 2010

College World Series

Friday the 18th was the Opening Ceremonies for the Men's baseball College World Series. We live within walking distance (kind of annoying with all the traffic. The other day a cop wouldn't even let me turn the corner to go home, I went around the block twice before another cop told me to do a u-turn to go straight. So I did causing a even bigger backup. Wouldn't it have been easier to let me turn in the first place?) Anyhow so I took the kids to the zoo for a little bit first and then walked over to the stadium.
Since it was nearing Benson's nap time we didn't do anything but walk around and look at all the different things they had set up.


Watching UCLA practice.
Benson and Tanner thought it was great to be in the middle of all the commotion but I could tell Benson's nap was way passed due. So I told them we would come back later with dad. Tanner didn't want to leave still but finally gave in knowing he would get to come back!

Later that night we after Andrew got off work we headed over the the stadium again with some friends.

There was lots of different baseball activities you could do. Race the bases, throw baseballs through some holes, see how hard/fast you could throw a baseball, etc.

Andrew looks like he is really trying here. :)
We all had a really good time. The boys all got a plastic batters helmet, posters, sweat bands, our picture's taken, and tons of fun for FREE!
That night we all watched a GREAT fireworks show and let the kids run around.
Andrew has tickets to one of the games (I don't know which one) and will have to live it up since this will be our last year out here to enjoy the fun festivities!

1 comment:

Thompson's said...

Fun stuff! Wish we could be there enjoying the festivities with you all again!