Kensley Nicole Bleak
arrived Saturday, August 14, 2010
at 11:14 am
weight: 6 lb. even
height: 19 in.

Just like our boys she came early. At 36 weeks she joined our family, 4 weeks before her due date. Luckily she is strong and healthy. The doctors think she looks great and aren't worried about a thing.The story:
On Wednesday night I started having contractions 1-2 minutes long and 4-5 minutes apart. After they lasted for an hour I couldn't take it any more and got up to take a shower. I felt a lot better but I could still feel pressure. I was nervous to lay back down for fear of the contractions to come back, but being tired got the best of me. I laid back down and they started right up but were further apart. I finally went to sleep.
Thursday was my scheduled doctor appointment so I went in the was checked for the first time. I was dilated to a 4, 80% effaced and a +1 (meaning she had already started to drop). I knew I would be having the baby within the next few days. I called my mom and said to pack a bag. Since I didn't get much sleep Wednesday night I prayed I'd get some on Thursday. My prayers were answered and I slept ALL night. It even felt like I wasn't even pregnant. (I was that comfortable.) I couldn't believe it, then thought, "well maybe the baby isn't coming?!" I told my mom in the morning how I slept and her reply was, "It's just the calm
before the storm."
Sure enough Friday night the contractions started back up at 2 AM and where harder but not consistent. From 4:30-5:30 I slept pretty good. Then they started back up harder but still very random. I thought if I could just make it a few hours more our friends wouldn't have to come over to watch the boys. At 7 AM I got up to shower and told Andrew to get ready "Just in case". The boys woke up right after and we all got ready. I was feeling good then a hard one would hit. I called a friend to ask what I should do. She said call the doctor first. I debated back and forth on whether or not I was just being a wuss. I thought I just need a sign on if we should go or not. Seconds later the HARDEST contraction hit. There was my sign!!! Andrew took the boys over to our friends so Mitch could watch the kids (Allie was selling at the Farmer's Market). Andrew was taking so long so I started honking. He runs to get in the car for us to drive off then asked if I wanted a blessing. "YES... BUT LET'S GET GOING", so we backed up to Ever's they gave me a quick blessing and we were finally on the road. And of course I felt GREAT all the way to the hospital. Then at the hospital they have made a new maternity wing and there are NO signs anywhere. We go to three floors before we think we know where we are going by following people. (8:15 am) We finally find some nurses and ask, "Where do you go if you THINK you are going to have a baby?" They laugh, ask me a few questions, and send me to a room. I get in a gown and the nurse checks me and laughs. I ask whats funny. She says, "Well it's not really funny, but you are at a 7/8" "WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!"
I soon have nurses running in and out of the room to get the room ready. Within 20 minutes of us arriving I am getting an IV and epidural. They didn't want to break my water, so it was about 10:30 before I was at a 10 and 100% effaced. The doctor got there and decided to break my water. I started pushing right after. (10:50 am) Because I had been feeling so good (as good as you can I guess) they put my epidural on low and said I could have it turned up if I needed to. Well it wasn't until I felt her head coming out that I realized I should have had it TURNED UP! I felt everything! Kind of cool experience....after the fact. :) At 11:14 (BABY GIRL) entered our lives!


Dr. Kirsch and Kensley(Did such a GREAT job. I'm so glad he was my doctor.)
He was my doctor for Benson as well.


Happy DADDY with his little PRINCESS!
I had to wait in the delivery room because there were so many new mommy's that needed to be discharged. Andrew went to get my mom from the airport and pick up the BIG brothers. So I sat there.... WAITING! :)



The IN HEAVEN brothers. They love her to death. We would have to ask TANNER if anyone else could hold her.
Grandma Peterson with Kensley
Tiny toes
It took us over 24 hours to decide her name. I can't count how many times we were asked by everyone. When I finally told the nurses they came in with the "name" card minutes later.
Getting ready to go home! 
Strapped in and ready to go home!
Tanner can't get enough of her!
Arrival home!

Tanner is ALWAYS holding Kensley. He is actually the one that made the FINAL decision on the name. And knew she was a girl before I was even pregnant and then when I was pregnant. So it must be a sign sent from heaven.Benson has held her a lot to, but we have videos of him holding her not any pictures. :(
BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE
for all their help, prayers, dinners, treats, and company!




21 comments:
Cute post! Finally more pictures :)
I love the little bow glued to her head. i couldn't do that with Cherise because she has TOO much hair! lol
Tanner is so cute with her. Noah is obsessed with babies too. He was better with Gentry than with Cherise but at least he still loves her, just rougher this time. I love the pic of Tanner sleepign with her. Noah begs to do that...i don't let him. ;( He's too rough.
I see mom wore her "good dress" to fly! LOL 1st thing I noticed in the piture....LOL
Anyway, super cute and I love the name. We were all hoping for that one. Although Carlaya was a little disappointed...she really wanted Bianca still! Maybe Bianca Bleak will be next ')
Wow! Congratulations! I miss everything when KJ isn't around to keep me updated! She is darling!!!
I am so excited to finally see pictures!!! I think i've been checking your blog every hour!!!! She is such a beautiful little girl!!! We are so happy for you & your family!!! Lots of love from Panaca!!
Oh Jenny! I am so dang excited for you guys, she is so precious, I just want to cry (and it isn't just cause I am a hormonal pregnant woman:) She is just too perfect and I am glad everything went well. you are just such a good mommy that all your kids can't wait to get out and be with you and the family. Give her lots of snuggles from me. We miss you guys!
this is brittan - kensley is so cute! i can't wait to meet her!!
Congrats Jenny! She is so beautiful! Let me know if you need anything! My boys are back in school and I am available!
Congrats! Beautiful baby and beautiful name!
I LOVE her name! I think she is beautiful, your boys will be such good big brother's! Congrats!
Oh, I got teary-eyed looking at her newborn baby hospital pictures--that's not good! She's so sweet and adorable and I want to eat her to pieces right now! November won't come soon enough!
Love you!
Congrats Jenny! She is absolutely beautiful! Tanner is adorable with her! Hope all is well!
Oh my goodness Jenny! I just love her! ha. I am so excited for you and Andrew. When Kyle told me he ran into Andrew that day and that he said you had just had your baby, I was so excited and also so sad that I wasn't in Omaha. I miss it! anyways, enjoy loving your little girl. She is just so cute!
Congrats! She is a cutie!
Congrats! She is adorable! So glad everything went good. By the way love her name!
Congratulations!!! She's so cute and alert! You look great! Darling name. Congrats! :)
I would move back there just have a baby so Dr. Kirsch could deliver my babies! He really is the best and I'm so excited for you guys...... and that you are home..... so when we come in two weeks, we better get to see her! xoxo us
Congratulations! She is so cute! If you need anything, let us know, we would love to help!
She is a doll, I'm so excited for you guys. I'm so glad you guys are doing so good, all the pictures were great. I'm looking forward to meeting this little bundle of joy. Keep the pictures coming.
Congrats! She is so cute and so tiny. Hope you are doing well.
HI JENNY, IS ADRIANA, IM SO SORRY I HAVENT KEEPT TOUCH WITH U, BUT I ALWAYS HAVE YOU IN MY THOUGHTS. I cant believe your are a mom of 3 now, i need to catch up. Your mom tells me you are still up north. Your family is so beautiful, and thanks to god your babies are healthy. Someday we will have to catch up and visit. I dont get to go to caliente hardly ever, its been a few years, but i always make sure to see beve and pete when i do go.
Jared and I have our ranch outside of Reno, and we have a very spoiled baby girl, but she is growing so fast that i will need another one soon.
Well i hope you recover great and i'll promise to catch up with u some day.
Lots of hugs
Don't ask friends labor advice that have never really gone into labor. That's my advice to you.
So cute! Congrats! Now you got me all baby hungry for a little girl!
Post a Comment