Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"You put the MILK in the COCONUT and shake it all up!" -2/19

Tanner has been asking for weeks now to try coconut milk. Meaning the coconut water inside the coconut so I finally bought one for him to try. I had to bust out a hammer and nail to just make a hole to drain it. The hammer wouldn't brake the coconut though, I had to go outside and slam it over and over on our steps to open the whole thing for us to eat. I'm sure I looked a little weird to my neighbors.
This is Tanner's response after trying it. hahaha
Both boys enjoyed the coconut itself.
After Tanner tried the coconut water we got a glass of milk added some coconut water along with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. He liked it a lot and sat down in the kitchen on a little folding chair and said, "Mom I am like one of the islanders on the beach." Oh Tanner if only we were sitting on a beach somewhere instead of in 30 below weather!

2 comments:

Willingham"s said...

the pic of tanner after trying the coco milk, is SUCH an andrew face! oh my gosh!

The Lively's said...

I can't get over how cute your kids are!!! They are adorable!

My neighbor is from Laos and she brought me a fresh coconut the other day so yummy!