Friday, November 9, 2007

Andrew's dinner!



So I figured with us living so far away from family we wouldn't ever get a good turkey dinner, because I've never cooked my own turkey. I don't have to cook for Thanksgiving this year either because we will be in North Carolina, but I thought I'd get some practice in anyway. I went and bought two Cornish game hens ~starting out small :)~ and I'll slowly work my way up to a yummy turkey! They ended up turning out pretty good. Andrew and I were a little freaked out to have a full hen on our plate, so we split one after Andrew poked and prodded it for about five minutes and asked questions about it until he finally gave in and dug in. He ended up eating half of mine and part of his! Tanner seemed to like it too.... only after he forgot about me dancing it around with it's wings out before I put them in the oven. :)

Next up.... I'll have to see what the grocery store has to offer. Or maybe I'll be brave and go straight for the turkey!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Your so funny! Good job on making something new. Oh by the way I tagged you on my blog so you have to tell us 6 little known facts about yourself. Ok so get going on it :)(just look at mine to see what i mean it's like 3 posts down)

Amber Lee said...

Looks good! I'll have to have Jonathan send you guys the recipe he found and made. He did it on miniature turkeys first, but also on cornish game hens, and I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy a turkey again unless it's made that way---SSSOOOO GOOD!