Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The GWL Waterpark

This big bucket dumps 1000 gallons of water every 5 minutes. Andrew went and stood under it and said it about knocked him down. Kids would run over to stand under it for fun. It even pulled one mans shorts a little bit to far down for eyes to see!






We all had a lot of fun, especially to be out of freezing cold weather and feeling tropical. All inside of course, but it sure didn't feel like it. Tanner went down the kiddy slides a millions times and loved playing with a bucket that he would fill up and dump on people's heads when they walked by.
The second day we were there Tanner had a life jacket so we decided to take him down the "big slides". They say you have to be 48in. tall but would let kids go if they could hold on to the tube handles. So we took him up the tower, the life guard grabbed him and put Tanner in the front hole. I quickly became worried and asked if he could sit between Andrew and I. He told us he had to be in front and for Andrew and I to sit down. I instantly was regretting even trying to do it. My feet went in the front hole under Tanner who was holding on as tight as he could and the life guard gave our tube a good push. Off we went, to what I didn't know.... a black hole slide. It went pitch black for almost the whole ride and because there was 3 of us on the tube we gave a big splash at the end which of course soaked Tanner completely. He started to cry a little but stopped so I told Andrew to take him on one that wasn't dark. So Andrew climbed the tower again and they went down a slide that was light and didn't get splashed in the face at the bottom. But poor Tanner was still upset and fearing the "Dark scary slide" and didn't want anything to do with anymore slides. So something we were trying to make fun ended up scaring the poor boy even more! Sorry Tanner! He ended up not even wanting to go down the kiddy slides again. So we played a lot of basketball, bucket tipping, and lazy river!
Overall it was a much needed fun spring break for us all and are glad we spent the money to go!



4 comments:

Camille said...

that looks awesome!! Did somebody get their tax return back....? LOL
I love waterparks!! Neither of my kids have ever been, but part of Sea World has a water park now, so hopefully that will be fun for little kids too!!

Amber Lee said...

That is so cool! I didn't know you guys went down there. I remember that's where Russ's family likes to go for vacation, too. We stayed a night there on the way to move to NC, and I really wanted to stay longer and see everything that was going on. Apparently downtown (where we were staying) has a really cool shopping center, but we weren't there long enough to see it.
That's cool that you guys were able to get away and do that and have so much fun. I love all the pictures, especially the one of Tanner howling at the wolf!

Amber Lee said...

Also, I've added tons to my blog lately, so check it out!

The Allen Family said...

Jenny! I LOVE the pictures! Especially the cute little naked Tanner! Plus, I laughed out loud at work when I read that you didn't put any money into the games! Hahahaha! It's fun to see what you guys are up to and it's so nice to get away and just be on vacation for a while! Tanner is getting so big! Cute!