Monday, December 28, 2009

CHRISTMAS 2009


Santa found our house and gave Tanner everything he wanted and MORE! Tanner's list: 1 Bumblebee (transformer), the painted Lightening McQueen, and the planes in the tube. For month's he has kept this list and he must have been pretty good to get it.
Benson on the other hand couldn't tell Santa... so he was just surprised. Although Tanner said Benson asked for "hard blocks"... which he did get.
They both got a little rocking chair. And they both push them around the house where ever I am then sit down. In front of the stove while I am trying to cook is an example.



Benson didn't care about anything after he found a mini box of Fruit Loops in his stocking. He brought it to me, sat on my lap and didn't move until it was gone. I think Tanner actually opened all of Benson's presents. It was okay though... he was one happy kid.

My family has had the tradition of every Christmas morning breakfast eating ham, scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins, and Bran muffins. (I didn't do the Bran muffins because we already had WAY to much food.) But what we had was great.

HAPPY BOYS!

We stayed in Omaha this year for Christmas. It was our very first Christmas by ourselves, and my first one without my parents. I was a little nervous it wouldn't be as fun... but it was GREAT! Both Andrew and I really enjoyed it. It was a fun day spent as a family.
The days after Christmas has been a different story... a little boring with all our friends gone, but we will survive.

4 comments:

Camille said...

Cliff kept asking if you were doing the blueberry muffin breakfast too..LOL I knew you would. That's what we had here too. I forgot that we had bran muffins too. I've never made those- not ever. I love them, just never made them. ;)

I love that they got rocking chairs. Where did u get those? Fun fun, isn't fun being in your own house setting up your own stuff and then it just being quiet and at the pace you want on Christmas morning. I love it! But yeah- not boring.... fly out here! ;)

Lara said...

I am so glad your Christmas turned out well. We stayed home for the first time this year too and we LOVED it! Isn't it fun to create your own traditions?!

Chelsea said...

Cute chairs! We stay home now too. It's nice getting traditions started and not hauling tons of presents!!

Judy said...

Your boys are SO cute! Love the rocking Chairs - I still remember the year I got a rocking chair when I was little!!! It is always so nice to start your own traditions and have your own special time together as a family!