Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The zoo! -1/28


I hadn't taken the kids to the zoo in MONTHS so we decided to venture out one day when it was above freezing.

They have changed a few things so the boys were excited to so something new... like this BIG water turtle statue.
The "Cat Complex" is always one of the boys favorites because of all the big cats of course! The "daddy lion" was up and moving around looking for something to eat up close so we watched him for a bit. We didn't see the baby tiger. But the Jaguar gave us a show jumping around and waiting to pounce on us it looked like. I kept staring right at the boys and would hunch down. Kind of creepy!
The workers were feeding the penguins so none were in the water in the background swimming. Benson is so funny in these bubbles though. He tries to reach out and touch the glass but its just a reflection. When you push him in a bit so he can touch it, he freaks out because he thinks he is going to fall in.

1 comment:

Camille said...

I've been to your zoo 3 times so I kind of know it anyway, but if I did't...I'd know the in's & out's just from all the zoo posts over the last 4 years. I think there is one zoo post a month! LOL The zoo should pay you for advertising