



When I got Kensley up in the morning last week she had a couple of bite looking things on her face. I didn't think to much of it, because they didn't seem to bother her. Well later that night after waking up from a nap she was covered in a rash. Not only was it a rash but all welted up. I started freaking out realizing she has to be allergic to something. I called the doctor right away and explained what she looked like and figured they would send me to the ER (because it was on the weekend). But they didn't. They said they would have another doctor call me. In the mean time I stripped EVERYTHING out of her bed and took her clothes off and threw them in the washer. The doctor finally called back and asked me if she started any new foods or medications. I told them she had just finished taking Amoxicillin the day before from an ear infection she had. And they instantly said that is what it was probably from. By explaining her rash to him, he didn't sound to worried about it and said to take her in first thing Monday morning unless it gets bothersome to her or worse. After giving her Benadryl the rash went down and then disappeared. But then she was covered in it again Sunday morning so bad. Every time I nursed her it seemed to get even worse. I wondered if maybe she was allergic to me or something I must have ate. Benson had been trying to put toys in her mouth (stinker) maybe she had an allergic reaction to that. I didn't know why it kept coming back SO BAD!
Monday morning I got her right in to have her checked out. Her doctor right away said the same thing, "Yep, she's allergic to the amoxicillin." Me being confused at why she would break out in a rash after she stopped taking it then when she would have started baffled me. But he said sometimes things do that. So he wrote on her charts she's allergic to AMOXICILLIN. "But if in the future she gets a dose it will probably do the same thing and give her a rash."- he said. (I will make sure her next doctor knows.) She looked so bad and I don't want to ever see her like that again! POOR BABY!
It lasted for about 5 or 6 days before finally going away for good.




5 comments:
holy smokes! That is awful!
Poor little lady!! Colby & Brittan are allergic to Penicillin and they both got the rashes when they were finished taking the medicine too!??? Crazy! Any time my kids get rashes now they always get worse when they are warm (just up from sleeping, getting out of the bath etc..) maybe she just gets warm when you nurse her so it gets bad??? So sad!!!
oh how sad! poor littl girl! thats looks like it was really uncomfortable! glad she is doing better
Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. Now, whenever I go to the hospital I get a special wristband informing the world I'm allergic to Penicillin.
Wow how scary!! So glad you figured out what it was from and that it went away!!
Post a Comment